Saturday 26 October 2013

Life is Easy

I’ve just returned from Perth where I spent eight days working at the Conscious Living Expo (www.consciousliving.net.au). Or would it be more appropriate to say that the time was spent having a fun experience? Personally I prefer to refrain from using the word ‘work’ due to its connotation. During the time in Perth I had the good fortune to connect with many like-minded individuals. Again and again I heard questions such as, “When will society at large wake up? What’s holding up the shift? What can we do to change things?”

While these questions – and many other similar ones – seem to indicate possibly a feeling of powerlessness I’m inclined to view them as an indication of a shift in consciousness that is occurring. All too often it’s easy to blame governments and corporations for the status quo and to also bemoan the fact that change won’t happen until those in positions of power take the lead.

In a lengthy discussion I had with a friend we explored the role governments, agencies and other organizations will be playing in the coming years. My friend’s position is that it’s necessary for change to occur at the top levels of power, which at the moment appears to be very slim. My position is that change from within occurs in all walks of life first, and that this is likely to be impetus for change.

A participant in one of the workshops I held shared what I believe to powerful testimony to the fact that change is occurring. My summation of this information may not be 100% accurate but will attempt to explain it as clearly as possible. Recently a state government in Australia conducted a survey of the population, seeking information regarding the most important priorities and needs of the general population.

Normally with surveys such as this, issues such as education, health, welfare, etc are deemed to be a priority. Instead over 70% of respondents to the survey indicated a strong need for greater community activity and involvement. This is indeed heartening to hear and indicates that there is a shift occurring.

It’s apparent that systems are crumbling, that what we’ve been trained into believing is the only way to live isn’t working. There are many individuals worldwide who are still unaware that there are other possible options for living peacefully and in harmony.

This brilliant interview with Russell Brand will most likely help individuals begin reflecting and questioning more deeply. Hopefully it will go viral on the internet! He has a very clear grasp of issues and is definitely saying he’s not buying into the common beliefs and systems we’ve all accepted as being perfectly natural and a ‘normal’ way of functioning.


As I’ve said previously it’s all too easy to focus on the problems we face. Finding solutions however does not need to be too difficult. A wise friend commented that solution options need to be explored, assessed and found to be workable before we fully dismantle the existing systems and structures. I fully agree with him, but am also aware that we have a young population of aware beings who have the vision, grit and determination to ensure that changes happen.

We are only just beginning this journey of significant change. Ongoing climate and Earth changes will accelerate the process of change as we will be forced to explore other options for living on this majestic planet.

One individual has shared his moving story of how he discovered that life is easy. After attempting to live like everyone else he’s realized that the ‘normal’ lifestyle is hard work. His words are powerfully moving and a real reminder of how it’s possible to revert to an ‘easy’ life.



I hope you enjoy watching this video as much as I do. It’s inspirational and covers a lot of issues and concerns most of us would face once we begin making changes in how we live.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these two links Bent. They were both wonderful. People can say whatever they want about Russell Brand but I agree with his views across the board. And the other man in in the youtube link is such a humble beautiful man. LOVED that one. I was thinking in the shower this morning (where I do my best thinking) that I really abhor labels...I do not consider myself a republican, a democrat, a Jew, a Christian, a Muslim or any of the other myriad labels we human beings are sooo prone to put on people. I consider myself a human being who happens to be a humanitarian. I was thinking about what a completely different and wonderful world this would be if EVERYONE would stop putting labels/judgments on themselves and others and just see human beings. STOP LABELING...there in lies half the problem if you ask me. If you aren't labeling..then you can't discriminate based on these ego driven labels...aka judgments can you? Just a thought to share....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thought/insight! As an ex-teacher I got to the stage where I also avoided labeling children's abilities.....labeling starts early in life and is then carried all the way through, and can become a huge burden for the individual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Light and i choose EASY! Thank U again

    ReplyDelete